Headaches after exercise and how to prevent

on Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Exertion headaches

Some time ago I found out that some athletes often get migraine type headaches to push hard to achieve their goals.

Now, it happens not only for athletes. It happened to me also. A few hours after pushing me in the gym, my head would start to pain and given that would be ache of a full-blown migraine.

This was some years before I accidentally learned that could help prevent a dose of ergotamine before exercising this kind of headache. The question for me was: "How do I by ergotamine keep?"

While away vacation in the tropics, I suffered a bout of food poisoning and required a few years ago as part of my treatment, hospital for me — Cafergot is Cafergot ergotamine with caffeine.

When I got home, I had another couple of Cafergot tablets links so I figured I would give them a try for effort headaches. Before my next train in the gym, I took one of the tablets (1 mg) and - and behold - no headache after a workout!

Some time later, when I had finished the tablets, I said my doctor, my experience and although Cafergot usually is not meant as a precautionary measure, he seemed quite happy to prescribe for me.

But be careful. There is a strict limit on how many Cafergot tablets you can take in a day, and during a week. If you ignore these limits, one of the two two problems can occur.

1. You could experience numbness and tingling in the fingers or toes, nausea and vomiting, do not refer to your headaches, difficulty breathing, pain in chest, dizziness, confusion, or a slow or fast heart rate. If you do with taking the tablets.

2. Many types of pain relievers (even non-prescription tablets such as paracetamol or aspirin), if taken too often, can actually cause headaches. In some ways our bodies seem who are addicted to pills and after you have defeated a headache, other headache begins soon after, because it seems that your body needs the painkillers! I know that this is a fact to be as I treatment sumatriptan (Imitrex, Imigran) have overused a migraine migraine patients. Right now, I have to go "cold Turkey" to get the stuff out of my system. It is a hard time!

I can't guarantee that works every time that it for everyone, but if you would like to give it a try, you should discuss ergotamine with their doctor. The decision to use it or not is for him and her. Do not buy ergotamine in the Internet and use it without medical advice fully informed!

Ranking: 5

{ 0 312 comments... read them below or add one }

Post a Comment

 
© Headache Migraine All Rights Reserved